CCP183 | EtherNet/IP Configuration and Troubleshooting
July 21 @ 8:30 am - July 23 @ 5:00 pm EDT$2250
千蠃国际官网 This course should prepare you to effectively:
- Configure a Stratix® switch (5700, 8000, and/or 8300) to meet a variety of network requirements
- Assign IP addresses to devices on an EtherNet/IP network using rotary switches and a variety of software
- Monitor switch performance and status
- Diagnose and resolve issues with switches and devices on a network
千蠃国际官网During switch configuration, you will have an opportunity to:
- Configure a switch using both the Device Manager Web Interface and Studio 5000 Logix Designer® software
- Set up one-to-one IP address translation (NAT) for segmenting machine-level network devices from the plant network
- Secure and limit access to a switch
千蠃国际官网Once the EtherNet/IP network is up and running, you will monitor diagnostic information using web-based technologies and modify a web server module’s data views and tag values. You will resolve issues with communication between devices on a network. You will troubleshoot an EtherNet/IP network’s media and components (including the Stratix 5700 switch); run diagnostic tests to resolve system and port issues; and perform common functions such as resetting the switch.
Who Should Attend
千蠃国际官网Technicians and engineers who must deploy and maintain Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS) networks should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Completion of the Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix System Fundamentals course (CCP146) or equivalent experience, such as downloading project files to a ControlLogix controller
千蠃国际官网All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
千蠃国际官网To enhance and facilitate your learning experiences, the following materials are provided to each student as part of the course package:
- Student Manual: Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- Lab Book: Provides learning activities and hands-on practice. 千蠃国际官网 are included after each exercise for immediate feedback.
- EtherNet/IP Procedures Guide: Provides the steps required to complete tasks common to configuring Stratix® switches and other devices for communication over an EtherNet/IP network.
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises using an ABT-TDENET5700 EtherNet/IP workstation and Stratix 8000 switch. Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.Course LengthThis is a three-day course.
千蠃国际官网Rockwell Automation is authorized by IACET to offer 2.1 CEUs for this program.
- Assigning a Computer’s IP Address
- Pinging a Device’s IP Address
- Assigning IP Addresses Using RSLinx Classic Software and Rotary Switches
- Assigning IP Addresses Using BOOTP/DHCP Server Software
- Configuring Stratix 5700 Switch Settings Using the Express Setup
- Creating and Assigning VLANs
- Configuring DHCP Persistence
- Configuring Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Configuring Port Security and Traffic Monitoring
- Monitoring Stratix 5700 Switch Status and Performance
- Managing a Stratix 5700 Switch Using a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
- Isolating EtherNet/IP Network Problems
- Diagnosing Problems with EtherNet/IP Modules